We might not realize it but Pakistan has a major water crisis and is set to face absolute water scarcity by 2040. Pakistan is reaching record high temperatures that have never been seen before, bringing along droughts, heat waves, and extreme famine.
However, not all hope is lost yet. Solving this problem will take many years and a lot of effort, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t start contributing to help fix the problem.
Here are 10 things you absolutely need to do to help Pakistan through its water crisis.
1. Take Shorter Showers: Things as simple as taking short showers can save up to 50 gallons of water per day! This will help save thousands of gallons of water in the long run.
2. Turn off The Water While Brushing Your Teeth: Before brushing, wet your brush and fill a glass with water for rinsing.
3. Turn off The Sink While Shaving: Before shaving, fill the bottom of the sink with a few inches of warm water to rinse the razor.
ALSO READ: PAKISTAN’S WATER CRISIS: 4 Things YOU Can Do To Avert This Catastrophe
4. Check Your Faucets and Pipes for Leaks: Even a small drip can waste up to 50 gallons of water per day.
5. Use Your Automatic Washing Machine for Full Loads Only: The average washing machine uses up to 35 gallons of water per cycle. Don’t use it for only a few items.
6. Plant Drought Resistant Trees and Plants: Drought resistant plants and trees use water more efficiently. Some examples are the coneflower, and the Eastern Red cedar tree.
7. Do Not Wash Your Car Everyday: This unnecessarily wastes so much water. When washing your car, use a bucket of water rather than a hose.
8. Use Soap Instead of Gel for Showering: Gel requires extra water to wash off as it is a viscous liquid. Try using regular soap instead!
9. Consider Buying A Dual-Flush Toilet: They have two options, a half flush for liquid waste, and a full flush for solid waste.
10. Install Water Saving Aerators On All Of Your Faucets: A water saving aerator is a minute installment and saves 95% of the water.
If we start putting in our efforts now, we will be able to solve this issue before it becomes irreversible. Let’s work together to save Pakistan from the water crisis!
Can you think of more easy ways to save water in our daily life? Please, share in the comments.