Marketing basics are the same as they were a couple of decades ago but the methods have drastically changed over time. In this tech savvy era if you want to take your business to the next level, you must build a top notch digital strategy.
In today’s modern marketing, technology and data driven experts have a key role to play in your business’s success. As per an estimate about $20 billion were spent on programmatic advertisement. This is more than double the amount spent three years back (2014).
How to Form a Digital Strategy
Let’s understand the basic cycle of digital marketing!
- Plan: Strategic Road Map
- Reach: Creating Awareness and Attracting Visitors
- Interact: User Experience and Content
- Convert:Converting the Visitors into Customers
- Engage:Customer Loyalty and Retention
- Brand:Building Emotional Connection
Plan and Get to Know Your Customers
It is imperative to know your target market, plan your strategy accordingly. If you are planning to start your business, always start off with a specific niche. It will be easy for you to plan for a targeted niche. Going for the mass market almost always messes up (insufficient funds being a major cause of failure). Try to gather both quantitative and qualitative data:
Quantitative (Demographic Info)
- Location, Age, Income Bracket
Qualitative Data (Psychographic Info)
- Goals: What are the goals of the target market? What do they want to achieve?
- Challenges: What challenges are they facing?
- Hobbies and Interests: What are their interests?
- Priorities: What are their priorities in general and in relation to your brand?
Also Read: Space Debris – Litter In The Cosmos
Try to use as many channels as you can.
- Your Website, social media platforms, blog content, pictorial content, etc.
- Word of Mouth, Guests Posts, PR Work, Positive Reviews
- Facebook boosting, re-Marketing, paid content on other blogs, guest posts, etc.
Your Interaction makes your persona. Here are the key considerations:
- Top Content
- Customer Support
- User Experience
- Info graphics
Don’t lose your customers! This is the point you have been working towards all through this time. Keep these 4 things in mind to retain loyalty.
- Product Quality
- Promotion Strategy
Most of the businesses take engagement very lightly. They think their job is done after conversion. Remember the repeat customer is the real customer and your churn could be someone else’s opportunity. This is what you need to do:
- Promotional Campaigns
- Hosting Events
- Creating Product Tour
- Mapping Year’s Calendar Events
And finally – create a brand through which people will recognize you. A BRAND is a living and breathing entity!
When creating your brand identity, be mindful of these two extremely important aspects:
- Emotional connection with stakeholders
- Personality of your business