1. This 2019 round-up of Pakistani memes cannot begin without the angry cricket fan who was basically every one of us grandly upset with the team’s performance this year!
2. But he was not the only Pakistan cricket fan who went viral this year. There was of course the aik-dum-se-halat-badal-diye dude who had the entire nation in splits!
3. Pakistanis had a hard time getting over kaptaan Sarfraz Ahmed’s gigantic yawn in the middle of a World Cup match.
4. It seems a big chunk of part of Pakistani memes in 2019 were about coping with cricketing disappointments.
5. The cabinet reshuffle in April saw Fawad Chaudhry becoming the Minister for Science & Technology and Pakistani Twitter could not get over it for weeks!
6. Prime Minister Imran Khan’s pictures with US First lady Melania Trump kept the humour mills alive!
And while Khan was busy wooing international leaders, Faisal Vawda was raising eye brows with his corny style statements all year!
7. Here’s Faisal Vawda painting the town yellow in his expensive Corvette…
…Then there was his infamous photo shoot at the LoC in Feburary when tensions with India were at an all time high!
8. But Pakistanis didn’t just have problem with PTI ministers and their outlandish fashion statements. Maryam Nawaz’s #FreeNawazSharif kurta became the butt of many joke as well!
9. Samina Peerzada’s unconventional talk show fed into insanely funny one-liners!
10. Karachites made light of their misery by posting hilarious memes about the havoc that were the Monsoon rains in 2019.
11. Karachi rains remind us of Bilawal Bhutto Zardari and his mind boggling, “Jab barish atta hai tou pani atta hai,” statement that had Pakistan face-palming!
12. The Royal Visit in October was a meme-maker’s goldmine!