Earlier on Tuesday, news of a face off between India and China broke the internet. The incident resulted in at least 20 Indian soldiers getting killed. The recent clash between the two neighboring nuclear countries then is the deadliest in decades.
The violent conflict took place near the disputed Himalayan frontier at Galwan river that is located in Eastern Ladakh.
The Indian army initially said that only three of its soldiers had been killed. However, later officials admitted that as the day went along more Indian soldiers died owing to serious injuries.
While blaming India for the entire episode, China’s foreign ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian said:
Indian troops crossed the border line twice provoking and attacking Chinese personnel, resulting in serious physical confrontation between border forces on the two sides.
We again solemnly request that India follows the relevant attitude and restrains its frontline troops
On the other hand New Delhi’s foreign ministry spokesman Anurag Srivastava has placed the blame on China calling it “an attempt by the Chinese side to unilaterally change the status quo.”
As for the casualties on the Chinese side there has not been any official from either side.
However, the editor-in-chief of China’s Global Times newspaper, Hu Xijin revealed that the Chinese side has also suffered casualties but the intensity remains unclear.
Later, he also explained that the Chinese government decided not to reveal the actual number of fatalities in order to avoid a hostile public reaction on both sides.
Nevertheless, both India and China claim that no shots were fired in the latest encounter. But there are reports that suggest that rocks and clubs were used in the fight.
Indian Prime Minister, Narendra Modi in an address to his citizens said that the lives of the soldiers will not go in vain.
Have something else to add to this story? Share in the comments below!